Sunday, July 17, 2011

Tanner-ism

Boys vs. girls.

With girls its about princesses and dolphins, horses and fairies. There have been countless books and conversations about girls and how they get engulfed by pink and and tutu's.

With boys, with Tanner lately it's about guns. Well any weaponry really. The boy is obsessed with playing guns, swords and other such forms of warfare. I have had to take a zen approach to this fascination for him. I kind of put it on par with Reese and her need for fairies. The more I fight this, the more it will appeal to him. The only difference is that guns...well they can be real. (I'm not saying fairies aren't real...I do believe, I do)

I have tried to talk to Tanner a bit about guns, and how they can hurt people (big, hospital owies) and while they can be fun, some people are scared of guns.

The other day Tanner was playing his gun games and I started to remind me about the dangers of guns when he responds to me..."Mom my gun only shoots love, it's not scary!"

You got to love that kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment