Friday, March 6, 2009

Please Don't Divorce My Family

Honestly, today I woke up a little sad. Listening to NPR and the debate about whether or not the California Supereme Court will overturn Prop 8. It makes me sad that people through out my state do not believe in my marraige, it makes me sad that they have the right, the ability, to deny my love for my wife, and more importantly it makes me mad that there is the possibility that MY marriage could be invalidated.

The ironic part- we are the most suburban, dare I say almost traditional folks around. A mini van, two kids and a dog- and this is what you are fighting again? Isn't it what you should be fighting for? A family that was created with integrity, and intention - and based on a foundaiton or love, respect and dedication to its success?

I do not see how this is anybody's right.

I love my life, I love my wife, I love my kids- and I stand proudly by the other 18,000 couples who married and who share this same commitment to each other and to the institution of marriage.

If you have not seen it already- check out the video below from the Courage Campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment